Beginning at the end of January we will be running a series of class workshops to inform and advise you about key aspects of the curriculum. At these sessions we will be sharing classroom methods, resources and ideas to support your child’s learning at home. These sessions will run in each year group across the school. If you have a child in more than one year group, we advise you attend the session to support your youngest child. This will help you gain an understanding of the fundamental learning that underpins the core subjects.
Planned workshops will take place as follows:
- 29/02/16 (15.30) – Supporting numeracy.
- 21/03/16 (15.30) – Supporting writing through speaking and listening.
- 18/04/16 (15.30) – Health and sport.
- 23/05/16 (15.30) – Reading (A school book sale will be taking place on the same evening.)
- Week beginning 20/06/16 – Sports week.
The following presentations were shared at previous workshop sessions: